When visiting Walt Disney World, there is a variety of food options to delight your palate. Disney has options expected of an amusement park and offers meals that are akin to a five-star restaurant.
Disney has made leaps and bounds with providing alternatives to support a vegetarian lifestyle. However, when visiting Walt Disney World, it isn't easy to sustain some diets without reserving a table service restaurant. It is especially challenging to maintain a diet that is low in carbohydrates.
During a visit to EPCOT, I challenged myself to explore the booths at the Taste of EPCOT Food and Wine Festival and find the best low carbohydrate options. The task was quite disheartening. There are modifications required for all but one choice. If you are maintaining a low carbohydrate or ketogenic lifestyle, here are ten selections to try for low carbohydrate food options at the Taste of EPCOT Food & Wine Festival.
1. Africa - Piri Piri Skewered Shrimp ask for it without the couscous
2. Appleseed Orchard -Charcuterie and Cheese Plate ask for it without the Maple Syrup
3. Brazil - Crispy Pork Belly with tomato and onions ask for it without the black beans
4. Canada - Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup, ask for it without the Pretzel Roll
5. Canada - Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef
6. Citrus Blossom - Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and grilled lemon - ask for no emulsion
7. France - Braised duck confit (we are pushing it with this one)
8. Germany - Roast Bratwurst (take away the pretzel roll
9. Hops & Barley - Southern Seafood Boil - remove the corn and potatoes
10. Japan - Chirashi Sushi Flowerpot - Enjoy, but DO NOT TOUCH the RICE, which makes up the bulk of the serving
Desserts & Champagne
Earth Eats Hosted by Impossible
Mac & Cheese Hosted by Boursin
Wine & Dine featuring Festival Favorites